We have an immediate opening for a setup technician.
Responsibilities will include providing excellent customer service, safely and efficiently assembling equipment for retail sales inventory, and performing a PDI (Pre-delivery Inspection) to make sure everything on a piece of equipment is working correctly before it is delivered to the customer.
We are searching for a self-motivated individual who can work in a fast-paced environment. A high school diploma and clean driving record are required.
This will be a full time position with a full benefit package including:
- 401k Retirement savings plan with generous employer contributions
- Profit sharing
- Group health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays (New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
- Paid safety day (for a year of no work related injuries)
- Paid floating day (after two years of employment)
- Paid attendance bonus days
- Paid bereavement leave (3 days)
- Short term disability
- Training schools
- Educational assistance
- Employee discounts on products sold at Union Farm Equipment
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please download our job application, fill it out, and mail it with your resume to:
Union Farm Equipment
PO Box 155
Union, ME 04862
If you prefer, you can email your completed job application and resume to: [email protected].
When all applications and resumes have been reviewed, we will contact you.
- To safely and efficiently assemble equipment for retail sales inventory.
- To perform a PDI (Pre-delivery Inspection) to make sure everything on a piece of equipment is working correctly before it is delivered to the customer.
SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Neck rotation, trunk rotation, repetitive bending, kneeling, forward reaching, overhead reaching.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow the assembly and installation instructions per the installation or assembly manual.
- Ability to comprehend and follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to operate a forklift, overhead crane, agricultural and construction equipment such as tractors and various attachments, excavators, track loaders, utility vehicles, and more.
- Ability to perform light mechanical duties.
- Ability to perform metal fabrication, cutting, and welding.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Assemble and PDI equipment of all types.
- Test for quality assurance of work performed.
- Load tires with liquid ballast when required.
- Perform light mechanical duties including tire repair.
- Any and all other duties as needed or required to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Wear the supplied uniforms every day.
- Ensure all work is completed in a safe environment.
- Report any unsafe practices, equipment, or concerns to the service manager.
- Participate in company meetings and functions.
- Operate all equipment in a safe manner, in the shop and out in the yard.
- Supply your own tools, except specialty tools required by the manufacturers.
- Keep your work area neat and safe.
- Participate in company sponsored continuing education to further your knowledge of the industry.
This job description is intended to promote the highest level of performance by all employees. The attitudes, actions, and activities performed by all personnel are the foundation of our business. It starts with you!
Equipment Sales Associate
We have an immediate opening for a sales representative. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of sales experience with agricultural, industrial and commercial mowing equipment. A clean driving record is required. A working knowledge of
Word and Excel is preferred.
This will be a full time position with a full benefit package including 401k, profit sharing, group health insurance, vacation and paid holidays. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume to PO Box 155, Union, ME 04862 or, email [email protected].
Sell the company’s products and services. Develop relationships with customers to facilitate future sales. Maintain clean and inviting displays in the showroom and outside.
SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must have the ability to multitask and deal with stress and deadlines. Must be able to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. Must be able to climb up and down stairs and ladders. Must be able to operate Heavy Equipment and Outdoor Power Equipment. A clean driving record is required.
Computer literacy; competent in Microsoft Word and Excel; good oral and written communication skills; good organizational skills with attention to detail; ability to perform multiple tasks; must be able to work as part of a team.
- Call on customers and sell the Company’s products and services.
- Keep current on product knowledge and benefits of specific machines.
- Keep abreast of competitive activity and competitive products.
- Develop the ability of “Suggestive Selling”. For example: Additional needed or related items.
- Have a working knowledge of all finance and sales programs and promotions.
- Set daily, weekly and annual goals.
- Understand the market possibilities for Construction and Turf equipment.
- Attend any Company, store and community functions, and trade shows/fairs that will benefit the Dealership.
- Solve problems rather than live with them. Customer satisfaction is the first priority.
- Insure that equipment being delivered for demonstration or sale is clean and “ready to go”.
- Evaluate trade-ins with the sales department to determine values and repairs needed.
- Make every effort to fill customer orders for non-stocking and out of stock goods.
- Maintain a current list of prospect and deals working, as well as a detailed file on each deal working.
- Maintain a Purchase Order File.
- Assure that all documents associated with sales of whole goods and attachments are properly and totally completed.
- Maintain Sales Department vehicles and office equipment.
- Assist with maintaining a neat, clean showroom and outdoor display.
- Perform other Duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Will be trained on the dealerships computer system.
- Professional personal appearance.